Want to learn more about disability and sexual expression? Then we have the course for you!
Disability and Sexual Expression Training
Our half day virtual disability and sexual expression training is delivered by disabled trainers who have experience of supporting disabled people with their sexual expression.
The 3.5 course provides an introduction to disability awareness as well as examining barriers that exist for disabled people in the sphere of sex and disability and how these can be removed.
What will you learn?
By the end of the session delegates will:
- Understand the social model of disability
- Know how to communicate effectively with disabled people
- Know appropriate disability terminology and etiquette.
- Understand some of the barriers that disabled people face accessing services and simple ways these can be removed
- Understand what sexual expression is and why it’s important
- Be aware of the importance of maintaining privacy and dignity for disabled people.
- Have a basic understanding of the principles of capacity
- Have a basic understanding of the law in this area
- Understand the obstacles that disabled people face in relations to their sexual expression and sexual pleasure and ways these can be overcome.
It was good to think about different communication styles with different types of patients. It was particularly useful to have discussions around how to have conversations around sexual health with patients and the governance behind this. Jennie was a passionate advocate for this subject and I feel that I could approach her or the team for any further queries I might have in this area’ Emily Phillips
Literally anyone who has an interest in this field. It would be especially suited to organisations who work in the areas of sexual health and sex education as well as those who are supporting people with their sexual expression, self confidence and body image.
Our sessions are suitable for us to 16 delegates at a time.
Usually we deliver our sessions via zoom. However we can be flexible with this and will discus this with you prior to booking.