Before the barrage of new year, new me, bullshit kicks off. Please consider:
- Rather than thinking what can you give up, how about what you can give? A kind word to others and yourself more frequently, a smile, a helping hand.
- You are not broken and do not need fixing. You’re perfectly imperfect as you are. The Japanese use Kintsukuroi.
- New habits take, on average, 66 days for your brain to make them automatic. Be patient, and persist. Check out some great material from University College London here.
- You will fail on occasion, sometimes spectacularly. You may want to quit, because you are fallible. And human.
- Any desire to change can be started on any day. Today is the most important day, every day. The Julian calendar is not the boss of you.
- Bravery is a muscle. It must be exercised. Better an ‘oops’ than a ‘what if’. Robin Sharma is an amazing online coach. Bravery.