Enhance the UK is a disability-led registered charity with four main activities:
- Enhance Your Social Life
- Undressing Disability campaign
- Disability awareness training
Spokz People, one of Enhance the UK’s projects, is looking for office/marketing volunteers to help promote their services as a whole (they offer counselling, support groups, confidence training, an online forum and helpline) and the individual services in particular the sex&relationship helpline and forum.
Tasks are negotiable but could involve contacting various disability groups and organisations, GPs and Social Workers by email and telephone in order to send leaflets and/or give a small presentation about our services. We are starting in the Birmingham area, but aim to expand once success has been established.
Training would be given in order to be able to give presentations, or alternatively you could be responsible for the first stage of setting up the meeting and than delegate the presentation to someone else.
You can also help promote the services online through websites, Facebook, Twitter, blogging and articles.
We also attend 2-3 disability exhibitions per year and are seeking volunteers to help man the stand, talk to the public and inform them of our services. This is a highlight of our year and it is very enjoyable and informative meeting clients, potential clients and healthcare professionals and finding out how we can help them.
You will need to keep a log of your activities so you can follow up.
There is the possibility to progress to group facilitator or assist with training and as the organisation grows funded vacancies will hopefully arrive.
Either working from home (online, by telephone) or meetings in various locations.
- good communication and organisational skills essential
- ability to work independently and unsupervised essential
- experience with email and internet essential
- experience with blogging and social networking desired
- experience with disability desired
- background in media, marketing, PR or journalism desired
Time flexible, commitment not specified.
- Contact us to request more information and application form
- Complete and return application form
- CRB check
- Trial period
Tel: Jennie on 07930289162